Monday, October 1, 2007

My turn

I wanna Blog too... so here goes.
Hi Friends and Family! Alex here, comin' at ya from the fabulous computorial facilities at Columbia College Chicago. I'm just after coming from my musical theatre dance class and we did a really cool tap number and graded it today. I got a 94 which is excellent because she made us all do it ONE AT A TIME!? It was completely frightening but I'm getting better at putting character in my dancing.
I know what your all thinking " Alex, not having enough character? Thats unbelievable" well believe it folks, but im happy to report that I seem to be dealing with that and getting better.
And now its time to play what is Alex listening too.
"Bet on it" from High School Musical 2 performed by Zac Efron.
You should all check it out. Its number 12 on my top twenty five most played list on my ipod.
This weekend was short cause all I did was work but on Saturday I went to see the show free called Altar Boyz. It's about a catholic pop-boy band, only one of the boys is Jewish. It was pretty funny and if nothing else, it was a free show.
In other news my intro to cultural studies teacher just emailed me to say that class was cancelled which is music to my ears because the director of Altar Boyz (the one who supplied the free tickets) is coming to talk to anyone who wants to listen today during that class so....sweet!
I know the one question thats on everyones mind right now
-what is Alex reading these days?
well, funny you should ask. I just finished this book called Persepolis by Marjan Satrapi, its an autobiographical graphic novel of a young girl growing up in Iran during and after the revolution in the late 70s and 80s, It definately shed light on a subject I knew nothing about. plus its a comic book so its a fast read. Okay folks, thats all he wrote for now.
If you liked what you read today check out my blog here at alexlaird.blogspot.com for more interesting, ispirational, and downright honky tonking good times.
shout outs for the day go to Lana and Nathan, ( I like your log bed) Morgandy, and Dad.
If you didn't get a shout out today, dont fret, youll get one next time.

3 comments:

Lana said...

I like your blog al. you should put up some pictures too!

Papa said...

Al-macky
I was inspired to dance sing and read, just cause you are the inspiration of those things. like your blog, keep up the good! I will be sending you Adam's song by your Uncle JimBob, (where you get the talent and character) and it is bound to be # 1 on your Ipod.
Now off to print your words of wisdom for grando
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I was searching for people with interest in Altar Boyz and found your account. I am a fan and a member of the official fansite Altarholics (http://altarholics.ning.com/). I am organizing an Altarholics Appreciation Day in Chicago. Which means fans will get to spend some time with the boyz and do fun activities. Like a party. You don't have to be a member of the site just a fan of the show. It will be on Febuary 23 or 24. Would you be interested in attending? I know I don't know you but I wanted to extend an invitation. If you can or are interested in more info, comment me back. Check out the fan site if you want to meet peopl who love Altar Boyz and the actors who play them!

Yours,
Grace