Monday, October 8, 2007

I get by with a little help from my Friends....MY PEEPS!

Right now I am listening to With a little help from my friends from the Across the Universe soundtrack.
First off....
#1 that movie is kinda boring but the music as so good and if nothing else buy the soundtrack. It's the Beatles so of course it's amazing.
#2 this weekend was my good friend Caroline's 21st birthday so I went out to Naperville to spend the weekend with her, her boyfriend, our friend Alex in from Nashville and, special Surprise guest (drumroll please) her Mom showed up to surprise her for her birthday. I wasn't even there but Caroline was so surprised. We did lots of fun stuff like eat excellent cooking and we went to Sonny Acres. Sonny Acres is a pumpkin patch and almost carnival, it was so fun and i got to feed a Llama, which if you didn't know is my favorite animal (of the ones with four legs)
I am completely in awe of that fact that Caroline now lives up here. We started becoming really close friends senior year and we ended not only staying friends but getting closer even though I high tailed it up North and she stayed at home. Now Shes living in Chicago and going to the Culinary Arts School at the Art Institute Chicago and Working at a Bakery and pretty much being a grown up.
She has taken the hardships this world has given her crumpled them up into a big ball of hardship paper, thrown it in the ocean and moved on to do something with her life. Kinda sounds like someone else I Know (Lana)
I am really blessed to have such a wonderful and true friend in my life, (not to mention my family)
so yea, all this mushiness is to say Happy Birthday to Caroline Leblanc
In other news, I totally forgot to turn in my Time sheet for my school job so I don't get my two weeks worth on the 15th, but instead i get 5 weeks worth at the beginning of November. So if anyone wants to come to Chicago on November 1st, dinner is on me.

As far as my Christmas list. I have a giant one made up but I'm proofreading it right now so for the moment here are a few things just off the top.
a Bike, Picture Frames (new or used, the more creative the better), Snow Globes for my collection (I don't have one yet but, when I do-It's gonna be the bomb) Taco Bell, (I'm gonna be hungry on Christmas) and most importantly, Treasures (and if anyone has an extra treasure chest, let me know cause I'm gonna need somewhere to put all my treasures, or as some pirates call it-Booty)
peace love and Tap dance y'all
Holla to the Missoula Crew, any and all Aunt Kathy's, Grando and that Llama i got to feed yesterday.

3 comments:

Debby McCrary said...

You are a great son, brother, friend, grandson, nephew,& cousin.
Can't even count how many people are blessed to be around you!
love, Mom

myra said...

You crack me up into a million pieces! L-O-V-E your blog!

Kathy aka Pie said...

What a nice break in my day, coming here to the world of Alex & escaping for a minute. Keep it up.