Monday, October 22, 2007

I am not a quitter, but I quit...

...not anything important, just my job.
But don't fret, I have another one so it's all good.

Today in Dance, we had a mock audition, where our teacher goes through a combination real quick and we have to learn it and put character in it and all try and get into the show, like a rael audition, its excellent practice for this week becuase West Side Story auditions are this week and I need all the extra practice I can get.
But that being said, I'm feeling really confident, I've read the play and I got a "call-back" today in my class and my teacher said even more good things about me and I got the second highest grade in the class-97 (a personal record breaker for me) I am just really excited because my dance teacher is the one choreographing for W. S. S. So maybe she'll take my recent awesomeness in dance into consideration but im totally not counting on it.

I was thinking, we were talking today in my cultural studies class about public property and whats really public and all that jazz. well you can get permits in Chicago and play music or speak or protest on the streets. Well ever since I moved here, there is the same man in a suit that stands outside the Old Navy on State Street with his portable kareoke station and microphone and waves his bible at people and judges them as they walk by, quit literally saying things like "there is no place for homosexuals in heaven-All Sinners will go to hell-if you are materialistic, you are going to hell".
-Now I for one don't believe any of things things-well not from that guys mouth. Who is he to judge? and why is he there every single day singling people out and telling them they are going to hades...let me just add in something here....the dude is black and everytime another black person walks up, its down with the old microphone and up with the smiles and the "how do you do's?"Never have I seen him tell a black person thier going hell, and I have lived here for four years now. Isn't that racist? This dude sits there, looks at the way I dress or walk, or who I'm with and Automatically Im going to hell...I'm pretty sure God doesn't want his peeps hearing that. And i dont believe for a second hes getting people interested In learning more about the Bible and God. I think that guy is real wrong. But who am I to judge. ( I have to say that when I walk by him and thing strongly about ripping his microphone out of his hand throwing it under a bus.)
Just a thought,

What am I listening too right now? -nothing I totally left my ipod at home. So Sad!
Shout outs- Lana, Morgandy, Myra, and Meryl Streep.

4 comments:

Debby McCrary said...

Waving a Bible and doing alot of talking (Accusations) never made sense to me. It's how you walk and talk that indicates who you represent.

Yea for your talented feet. I'll dance with you in heaven, where my feet will be talented and I will sing amazing, like God has already blessed you with.

love, mom

myra said...

Thanks for the shout out.

Which job did you quit?

Good Luck w/ the WSS Audition. I hope you make it b/c that would be a superfun show to be in.

I agree w/ you about the screaming microphone guy. Screaming at people is never an effective way to convert them to any view, I'm pretty sure.

Kathy aka Pie said...

Break a leg at the audition. Tell us about the new job, does it involve yummy food too? I have to agree with your mom & myra on the screeming microphone guy & wonder why only white people sin?
hugs, Kathy

Alex the Great said...

i haven't actually quit, but its consuming my life right now. i want nothing more than to tell them all how awefull they are at running their business and then just peace out, i want it so bad i even dreamt it last night.