Friday, November 30, 2007

two more weeks

two more weeks of this semester and then i eat, breath, sleep, and sing west side story until the end of February.
Thanksmas was good. Santa indeed made it to the McCrary house early for us. He usually doesn't make such exceptions but we come from an extremely long line of people on the Nice List so how could he not. He did get a little confused with my wish list but he did leave receipts so it all worked itself out in the week to follow. But I did get some picture frames and loads of soft warm socks that make me happy. No Snow Globes for my collection but there's always next year.
I think my least favorite gift was my visit from the tooth fairy's distant cousin, the lesser known puke fairy. I was hitting the Porcelein bowl every hour on the hour from around 7 am to 2pm, totally missed indoor skydiving and after christmas shopping and hanging with the family and the munchkin. It totally put a damper on everyones Thanksmas but i recovered intime to make a flight early on monday morning to go to my 930 dance class and rehearse for our final performance. It was totally rough but I'm a trooper.

This week was the week my show went up, not W.S.S. but my other one. It was called Hearts and Souls and it was a new musical using already written songs like, A Whole New World from Aladdin and Money from Cabaret. I did a lot of dancing and singing and got some laughs. The show went really well for being written produced and directed by students and everyone in the Audience seemed to enjoy it. My Boss Estelle gave me the best advice/compliment. she told me after i graduate i need to get in some dance classes as much as i can and work my technique because she thinks thats where ill make my money and that's whats gonna get me cast. This is from the same women who told me not to become a dance minor three years ago because i need to focus on acting, so im flattered, (of course it means my acting and singing arent strong enough but dancing is a lot more fun than those things anyway so i choose to ignore that)
Also, my brilliant and beautiful friend Chie's choreography was so much fun to do and last night she told me that I was so good and I make her choreography. That totally meant a lot to me. I am feeling really good about being here in Chicago and doing what im doing right now. I need to put my best foot forward now so I keep getting cast and then hopefully i never have to go back to the Melting pot ever again. (I havent had to work in 3 weeks and I'm a much happier person)
I dont care if I'm poor, my happiness is a lot more important to me than paying my phone bill on time. And Nobody should have to work at a place and for people that make you hate life for 8 to 10 hours every Friday and Saturday night.
Shout outs to Grando Lana, Congrats on being the first McCrary kid to get an A on a paper since Myra was in school.

3 comments:

myra said...

Congrats on the compliments and good shows and all that. I'm so glad that you feel you're doing what you should be and that you're happy. That's awesome.

Sorry about that unpleasant visit from the Tooth Fairy's cousin. We all felt so bad for you. Did you notice how all the women were in total "Mom" mode over you. I'm so glad you're better.

Lana said...

You totally scored when you got sick at home. We missed you indoor skydiving and shopping too. Nice job on the dance moves I'm sure you got them from Myra and MO.

Debby McCrary said...

You make me laugh and proud at the same time, and I'm sorry that I thought the snow globes were a joke, your funniness is sometimes confused with your seriousness, after all myra and I both thought you were confused about the gap hats, and now we need a picture to see the awesomeness of the right hat on the right head, and I may be the reason why Lana has a challenge with english, cause we can both speak it but writing it is so over rated. proud and blessed by three amazing gifted and outstanding kiddos. who have only added better better and best to our family and we all know who best is...MSM of course.