Friday, January 1, 2010

in the style of my sister Lana

I hereby write this letter to 2009
Dear 09'
You were okay but you weren't exactly what I expected. I have learned a lot from you, like how even when terrible or just stupid things happen in your day/week/life-something surprising and equally great is left behind. You've also brought me some fun things like, sweet jobs at new and nice theatres and way overused catch phrases such as "you guys" and "that's what she said" (I do love a good catch phrase.) But the thing that I definitely need to take away from you and never forget is that nothing...absolutely nothing is going to turn out the way I think it should, or the way I think is right... so I must continue to roll with the punches and work hard at what I want. 2009, you've been great but 2010 is gonna be soooo much better. I bid you adieu in the same fashion one bids the flu (or like when you finally exit the train after being stuck on an express run with obnoxious cell phone talkers and stinky homeless people.)

3 comments:

Debby McCrary said...

keep up the good work and may this year give you the chance to grow more than ever..I love you

Debby McCrary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lana said...

well done.